Use Click2Zap to remove elements from the page for printing (remove text/images to save paper/ink) or reading comfort purposes.
- click2zap panel fixed to the top right of the window.
- as you rollover elements, they are highlighted with a yellow background.
- click the highlighted element to remove it.
- click undo to replace elements (unlimited).
- disable allows links to work (though you can always right-click a link)
- use the print link on the click2zap panel to hide the panel and print.
- The page author’s print CSS will still be used, so elements may already be removed for you (do a quick print-preview to find out what you still need to remove)
- All element onclick handlers are overwritten, so you may need to reload the page to re-enable these.
- Plug-ins/embedded media players can’t be removed, but you can try to remove elements containing them.
- Undo sometimes shifts layout.
- Have a zap/keep toggle. When in “keep” mode, all surrounding elements are remove on click: potentially easy. (thanks Brian)
- Activate print styles onscreen to see what will print by default: unknown difficulty
- Record removed element ids in a cookie and allow one-click removal of all of them when you’re on the same site: easy-ish, but cookie code adds bloat and you could only record elements with ids.
Much thanks to Troels Jakobsen’s Bookmarklet Builder