The French Horns (2004–2005)
Old web site 🔥 some stuff on Soundcloud 🔥 I wrote the songs, sung poorly, especially live, and played guitar and some bass. I recorded these, and it went OK for the demo, but later perfectionism drove the process and the band into the ground.
- “Brighter Now”
- “Think of Rain” (Margo Guryan cover)
- “Plastic Sitars” (needs 2nd verse, real singer)
- “Surest Things (with Slavagoh)” (there’s a story behind this recording)
- Untitled demo instrumental
- “Friend (demo)” short instrumental
Brittle Stars (1998–2001)
I played guitar and some keys and did some of the later recordings; the ones where the drums sound awful. “Souvenir” is a cover.
Andrew Chadwick captured video of our best live shows for the 2008 reunion:
Other mostly complete songs/instrumentals
…of greatly varying quality.
Songs I edited/remixed
When I’m not happy with someone else’s recording, I “fix” it.
- “Uncontrollable Miami Boasting” (Megamix created for my wedding)
- Billie Davis “Nobody’s Home to Go Home To” (bigger remaster project I describe here)
- The Swirlies “Give Us Moon Rocks!” (cut the different-key sections)
- Of Montreal “Keep Sending Me Black Fireworks” (some sections cut/shortened)
- The Innocence Mission “Look For Me As You Go By” (I think shortened)
- Moose “This River Never Will Run Dry” (minor clean up)
60s pop, indie/electro/dream-pop, girl groups, Moose, Broadcast, Stereolab, Deerhoof’s poppier stuff, Eggstone, Magnetic Fields, Zombies, Kinks, early Cardigans, “Clair de Lune”, “Rhapsody in Blue”, Ravel, Hall and Oates, Bee Gees, ABBA, Wilco, Innocence Mission, De La Soul…